Junior Asbestos Worker (Victoria BC)
We are looking for entry level workers in asbestos abatement who are looking for a career and to further develop themselves within a fast growing company. We provide a great work environment with courteous and professional staff and everyone is focused on safety. We work in environmental services, including asbestos removal, mold and other hazardous material abatement. The perfect applicant takes pride in working hard at a tough job, keeping themselves and other workers safe, and building their career.
* Removal of asbestos containing material from residential and commercial buildings, such as drywall, vinyl flooring, plaster, insulation and more.
* Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures set out by the supervisor.
* Follow all hazardous material handling guidelines and prescribed safety procedures laid out by WorksafeBC guidelines.
* Operation of hand and power tools, and a variety of other equipment.
* Removal of asbestos while wearing respirators, full faced and PAPR masks.
* Asbestos Awareness Course
Continuously educating yourself about best practices and safety procedures.
* 1-3 years asbestos, demolition, or construction experience
* Valid drivers licence (vehicle an asset)
* Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs
* First Aid certificate (preferred)
* Be fit for work every day
* Able to wear all required PPE (hard hat, respirator, Tyvek suits, steel toes boots)
Varying work hours depending on contracts. This position offers a competitive hourly wage with room for advancement $14 – $15/hour depending on experience and certification.
Canadian Hazmat Environmental
1111 Tulip Ave